Solar Leisure Vehicles LTD on Facebook
Pin It
Home > FAQs

Looking to Sell or Buy a Motorhome or Caravan, or even Broker your Leisure Vehicle, here's some answers to frequent questions

If we haven't answered your question below, talk to us

we're just a call away - 01252 416210

Who are Solar Leisure Vehicles Ltd?

Based in Hampshire, Solar Leisure Vehicles Ltd are a used motorhome and caravan buying and selling service covering the South of England.  We are also the Hampshire, Surrey, West and East Sussex franchise for We are fully compliant with the 'Consumer Rights Act 2015'. Company reg number: 8667764.  VAT no. 251788186. and are also two of our web domains.

Is my valuation accurate?

Absolutely.  We work to Glass's guide who are the UK's leading advisor for an up to date retail valuation.  When disclosing information on your vehicle, make sure we know everything about it including service and MOT history as well as condition inside and out. We are only able to provide a valuation based on what we can see or know about your vehicle.

Who inspects my Motorhome or Caravan?

If we are buying your vehicle, we will inspect it thoroughly inside and out. We may wish to test drive your vehicle and have the necessary trade plates and insurance in order to do so. We ask Sellers to ensure leisure batteries are charged.  Gas and water should also be ready to be switched on for kitchen, bathroom and heating. If mains are available, we would like to test this also.

For Brokerage, we are the Agent only, so the Buyer will test equipment upon viewing or provide their own engineer such as AA to carry out an inspection.

What if my Motorhome or Caravan isn't as described?

We provide our offers in good faith and rely on the information the seller has provided.  If a vehicle is not as described and repairs need to be carried out accordingly, we will make a new realistic offer immediately.  If you are not sure about the condition, you are able to bring your vehicle to us to assess completely free of charge.

I'm abroad and can't be there to sell my vehicle

Check whether we have space to market your vehicle on your behalf.  We cater for a lot of sellers who live abroad and completely handle their sale and payments on their behalf.  Storage and service fees may be applicable.

What do you need me to do in order to Broker my Caravan or Motorhome?

We are also a franchise of MotorhomeDepot, the original and most well-known brokerage service for Motorhomes in the UK and now branching out into Europe. With MotorhomeDepot, we can market your vehicle on your behalf.  You don't need to do anything.  All we ask is that the vehicle is in good condition with a good service history and a current MOT. We can even Broker vehicles on a SORN. The vehicle should be clean and tidy both inside and outside ready for photography.  Let us know if anything isn't working or if there is damage or damp as this effects the price we would put to market or indeed a buyer offer.  It's so easy and all on a NO SALE, NO FEE basis.

Documents and Tax

Upon sale, we require all documents including service, MOT, any repairs and the V5.  Tax is non-transferable.  You can claim any tax left online with DVLA when you de-register.  You should also ensure that manuals, keys and alarm fobs are handed over.   We require the 17-digit vin number in advance for caravans and the full registration for motorhomes so adequate checks can be carried out prior to collection or sale.

I have a private registration and want to keep it.

Retaining a private plate can be a time consuming process for DVLA, taking several weeks, so to keep it simple, we ask that your private plate is retained and a new plate ordered through DVLA prior to handover. You can discuss this with us in advance to prepare the sale for the best way forward.

When do you collect?

On written agreement to proceed with the sale, we endeavour to collect next day where a representative is available.  Normal collection timescales are between 48 hours to within a week.  For Brokerage, your vehicle stays safely with you until it is sold.

How will you pay me?

Upon inspection and confirmation that the vehicle is as described, we make an immediate secure bank transfer payment from a Business Client Account.  Dependent on the processing time of your own bank, it can take 10 minutes to next day to show in your account.  You should make payment arrangements with us in advance to avoid delays.  We accept debit cards and Bank Transfer.

I've got Finance to pay off

No problem!  We can settle directly with your finance company and just require a settlement letter as confirmation.  If the balance exceeds the financed amount, we will require evidence that the outstanding balance is paid in advance of our settlement. 

What else can you offer?

We partner with MB&G Insurance for extended warranties.  We can also offer a free drive-away 14 day insurance through CaravanGuard. We can also refer you to a finance house should you require additional funds to buy your desired vehicle.

We are able to provide valuations and part-exchange for motorhomes and touring caravans

Even if the vehicle you are looking for isn't listed here, call us and we will do our best to find it for you free of charge.